- ROI Management Consulting AG Glossary
- Total productive maintenance
also known as preventive maintenance. This is a multistage system for increasing plant availability and simultaneous optimisation of maintenance costs. Various approaches are described in the literature. The ROIAcademy teaches the following 5-step approach.
- Elimination of priority problems: In the first step, the machines are thoroughly cleaned and all potential fault/interference sources are eliminated.
- Preventive maintenance: A regular maintenance plan for the machines/plants is developed with the employees.
- Scheduled maintenance programme: For the strategic orientation, a decision is made according to which programme the machines are to be maintained or repaired in the future. A distinction is made, for example, between time- and condition-based maintenance, break-down maintenance, etc.
- Training: The machine operators are qualified in maintenance tasks and preventive maintenance so that they can perform the maintenance in accordance with the requirements, and can also actively input their experiences and ideas during the next stage of maintenance prevention
- Maintenance prevention: This stage is about optimising and reducing the non-value-added maintenance activities without long-term losses in machine availability.