Europe is one of the global power centres for industrial development and production. Alongside the established Western European regions, sites in Eastern Europe also offer great potential. Geographical and cultural proximity, high workforce skill levels, and low total labour costs compared to Western Europe are just a few of the factors that make Eastern Europe a strategic factor in the design of global footprint strategies.
At the same time, the growing relevance of Eastern Europe leads to bottlenecks in global production and development maps. In several booming regions, the shortage of skilled workers has reached alarming levels. For this reason, setting up a new location requires extensive knowledge of local structures, understanding of regional differences within individual countries and sustainable relationships with local political and economic decision-makers.
As a management consultancy, ROI has a comprehensive and extensive knowledge of the Eastern European industrial landscape and the technological, economic, political and cultural conditions. With the help of an experienced team of native-language experts, we work on a wide range of topics – from site selection and the construction of new production facilities, through the integration of Eastern European locations into global production networks up to efficiency and quality improvement.
In addition, ROI runs a learning factory in Jesenice near Prague where employees and managers of varying seniority levels receive application-oriented and practical training in dealing with the methods and technologies of Lean Management and Industry 4.0.
Range of ROI services in Central and Eastern Europe:
- Site search and site evaluation in terms of infrastructure, labour market, recruitment of key personnel, factor costs, regulatory frameworks, business development, competitors, suppliers, customers, etc.
- Identification of suitable outsourcing volumes, design of production facilities (greenfield/brownfield) and surface and spatial planning
- Plant, factory and logistics planning
- HR planning and organisation, recruiting
- Qualification concepts, methods room, simulation games, employee workshops etc.
- Management of dealings with authorities, incl. permits
- Development of concepts for production planning and control, IT Connectivity and support
- Support during production ramp-up
- Optimisation of organisational and management structures, interim plant management/interim management
- Staff development, training and qualification
- Roll-out and management of company Standards
- Ongoing product and quality improvement and optimisation of indirect functions