Consultancy services: Waste-free assembly and material supply
Modern assembly systems are able to produce complex and varied products at competitive costs. They are capable of individual production, small series or large series with a mix of different products, are flexible with regard to fluctuations in the number of units and supply products requiring zero rework.
The holistic view of assembly and logistics processes and its extension to the supply chain are an essential success factor.
The management consultancy ROI has decades of experience in best-practice design for assembly systems and has the necessary tools:
Using ROM®, the self-developed ROI operation sequence method, we are able to simulate a Waste-free assembly system based on the parts list of a product in a short time in advance of the actual process optimisation and with very little effort. Using this methodology, a best-practice time is determined at an early stage of the project, the gap and thus potential to the target state are quantified and the degree of change required is determined.
The assembly system of the future is developed from a best-practice modular kit, which is based on the following basic principles:
- Clear separation of assembly and logistics
- Determination of optimal cycle times and work contents per cycle
- Introduction of One-piece flow
- Optimal delimitation and integration of pre- and final assembly
- Constructive automation, low cost intelligent automation
- Build-in-quality concepts, quality assurance in each cycle, short quality control loops
- Use of Industry 4.0 technologies and smart tools
- Pull principle and flexible retrofitting in parts provisioning
- Standardised and Waste-free resupply processes
- Modular and user-neutral assembly system and workplace design
- Team-oriented, flexible-capacity organisational concepts
In addition, ROM® can provide valuable input regarding manufacturing and assembly-related issues that should be considered at the product design stage.