An "output" of several thousand exabytes of data is associated with automation and digitization in industry - year after year. With image scans for documentation and quality assurance in manufacturing processes, voice-controlled assistants, newly integrated system interfaces in the digital shopfloor and many other technological development steps, this flood of data will continue to increase.
In order to be able to filter out the relevant information for decisions in day-to-day business from the quantity and complexity of the data output, operations managers need adequate tools. Here, analytics dashboards are indispensable, which visualize the data from various sources in a user-friendly manner.
Many digitization initiatives pursue the goal of achieving constant availability of all relevant information about important processes and workflows. However, this mostly relates to subareas of the organization: in manufacturing, for example, to being able to make statements about the current production status quickly and with little effort and, if necessary, to create scenarios/forecasts of future developments.
In itself, this already provides valuable insights. It becomes particularly exciting when this information is prepared on a larger, departmental, plant or even cross-company scale. Analytics dashboards are indispensable here. Because they expand the perspective on the pulse of value creation via graphics, diagrams, benchmarks and other formats, in real time and on desktop PC, tablet or smartphone, even independent of location.
With ROI-EFESO, companies bring "Real Time Analytics Dashboards" to bear to harness the potential of their data. With our Industry 4.0 expertise, we make the flow of information across the stations of the value chain tangible and coordinable - always with a view to concrete added value.
The starting points, dimensions and objectives of a dashboard development vary depending on the project. In contrast to a purely IT/technology-focused approach, our customers benefit from our in-depth technical expertise in the production environment and in the establishment and further development of smart factories. A selection from our project references gives a first impression of possible dashboard applications:
With our customers in the manufacturing industry, we create customized dashboard solutions for fields of application such as:
- IBP Digital Cockpit: With an integrated digital assistant, we capture critical situations, detect unexpected patterns in data and find efficient solutions to problems.
- Technology Screening: We support the selection of the appropriate technical platform for the dashboards with vendor-independent consulting. For example, when implementing dashboards in MES, we consider PowerBi, Qlik or Python scripts, among others.
- Sales Forecasting: We visualize expected forecasts, deviations across markets and SKUs, integrated with a digital assistant for trend alerts.
- Quality Cockpit: We provide real-time visualization and monitoring of KPIs and non-conformances, highlighting root causes and enabling quality forecasting.
- Manufacturing Cockpit: We create a tool to monitor production efficiency in real time and predict quality from sensor data.
However, a comprehensible, user-oriented visualization is only helpful if the quality and reliability of the underlying data are right. Accordingly, in dashboard projects, we focus just as much on optimal data integration as on a needs-based interface. Classically, projects also include the linking of "data pots" from ERP, MES and CAQ systems. Here we provide support for further challenges such as:
- Analysis of system data and creation of data structures
- Resolution of differences/gaps between ERP (order numbers) and CAQ systems (other numbers)
- Assignment of errors to the order or to the product
- Improvement of master data quality
ROI-EFESO knows the needs and critical interfaces for structuring, visualizing and controlling data in industry. We know what we are looking for and identify gaps faster - thus creating the optimal starting point for channeling data output.