ROI-EFESO supports companies in identifying and eliminating cost and expense drivers along the entire value and supply chain. In doing so, we look at all areas of the company to identify potential savings – from the supply chain and intralogistics (Inventory Cost Program) to product development (Value & Cost Engineering) and manufacturing (Industrie 4.0 Instant Payback).
Our range of services includes:
- ROI-EFESO Cost Reduction Program: integrated approach for effective optimization of cost structures along industrial value chains
- Zero-Base Organisation: cost-conscious redesign of your organisation
- High Speed Adaptation: cost reduction in volatile industrial markets
- Product Industrialization & Ramp-up Management: closing gaps in the product engineering process (PDP)
For these topics, we develop needs- and industry-specific solutions for the sustainable optimization of cost structures and the sustained strengthening of competitiveness. In doing so, we always make sure that they are anchored in the profit and loss statement, so that cost reduction measures are directly reflected in your company's balance sheet.
Project: Product cost reduction in the business unit of a family-owned company (1 billion turnover worldwide p.a.). Holistic cost reduction programme to stop losses and sustainably improve processes and organisation.
Results: Introduction of a shop floor management as well as production planning led to a
- – Productivity increase of 22% in the direct and indirect areas
- – Reduction of backlog by almost 100%
- – Reduction of internal defect costs by more than two thirds
- – Introduction of premium wages
- – Reduction of consumables by 10%
- – Increase in inventory turnover rate by 40%
The implementation of a one-piece flow on the assembly line resulted in an increase in the
- – EBIT margin by +8.5%
- – EVA margin by +7% after one year.
Cost reduction/restructuring due to market changes
A plant and mechanical engineering company had to ensure its competitiveness. ROI-EFESO identified all the adjustment screws for the necessary changes at a production site in Germany and got the turnaround going with a multi-layered restructuring approach.
Champions do not rest contentedly with their success, but always have their sights set on the next milestone. A technology group with around 20,000 employees at over 16 locations worldwide is also orienting itself in the direction of such a “North Star”. His starting points: an operational strategy and the initiatives derived from it, which should be implemented at every location in order to make them even more efficient.
Value and Cost Engineering
Cost transformation from premium to volume provider. Mass manufacturers who expand their product portfolio into higher price segments are not uncommon. A premium manufacturer of refrigeration appliances, on the other hand, takes the opposite approach. What seems banal from a technological point of view is an enormous challenge from a cost perspective. ROI-EFESO accompanied the company in this demanding transformation project.
Safeguarding the site thanks to lean value streams
With hard targets for the entire operations area, a valve manufacturer is aligning a plant location for the future - and thus securing the site in Germany. Together with ROI-EFESO, the company restructures its manufacturing and logistics and achieves, among other things, an OEE of more than 85%.